Parenting is hard. Sometimes it’s good to talk to other mums and dads about their experiences, to share stories and find pearls of wisdom.
Below is a list of parenting groups/networks in Shipley and the surrounding area. They cover all aspects of parenting; parenting styles, time out and friendship, and parenting children with additional/complex needs. You’ll also find links to the local nappy library and baby wearing consultancy.
I’m still trying to search them out, so if you know of any others please let me know via the Contact page.
- Attachment Parenting: Bingley and Aire Valley
- Informal gathering to meet other attachment/gentle parent
- Little Daisy’s, 4 Manor Lane, Shipley, BD18 3EA
- Mondays (fortnightly) – 1pm-3pm
- Please visit APUK Bingley & Aire Valley for more information.
- Saltaire & Shipley SEN Parenting Network
- Facebook group to connect local parents of children with additional needs
- Please visit Saltaire & Shipley SEN Parenting Network for more information.
- National Autistic Society: Keighley & Bingley
- Facebook page to connect local parents of children on the autistic spectrum
- Holds a monthly support group in Bingley
- Please visit National Autistic Society: Keighley & Bingley for more information.
Parent Focused Groups
- The Mutha Club
- Facebook group and events to connect local mothers
- Please visit The Mutha Club for more information.
- Soul Can Sing
- Soulful singing group for connecting women
- Meets Thursday mornings (fortnightly) – Bingley
- Please visit Soul Can Sing for more information.
- Sunday Afternoon Treats
- Craft Group for new mothers
- Meets monthly – Sunday 1:30pm-3pm
- Please visit Hive for more information.
Support and Help
- Shipley School Uniform Bank
- Second-hand school uniforms for families facing financial difficulties in Shipley, Windhill, Wrose and Baildon
- Donation point at Windhill Community Centre
- Please visit Shipley School Uniform Bank for more information.
- The Red Box Project
- Providing boxes of sanitary towels, tampons and underwear to local primary and secondary schools, for girls experiencing period poverty
- Please visit The Red Box Project for more information.
- Bingley Nappy Library
- Try out reusable nappies, borrow kit, and get advice
- Please visit Bingley Nappy Library for more information.
- CarryMoor Sling Library
- Try out babywearing, borrow slings, and get advice
- Please visit CarryMoor for more information.